Full-time Exempt | KBH Management Systems Business, Virginia Beach, VA
About KBH Business Management Systems
KBH Business Management Systems is a software development firm that creates business management solutions for companies in the home services industry. Named Hampton Roads Small Business of the Year, KBH is committed to providing exceptional service to help companies grow their business, and has already made a visible impact. The open, fast-paced, and innovative environment at the KBH headquarters, located in Virginia Beach, allows employees to get excited and feel empowered to be creative. From white board walls, mounted screens displaying the most current statuses, and write-on floor-to-ceiling glass, to a custom coffee bar, fully equipped gym, and 250-seat training center, KBH fosters a culture of creativity, learning, and shared knowledge.
What is Bizwiz?
Bizwiz is a cloud-based software developed by KBH that allows contractors to understand, manage, and grow their operations using automated workflows designed for the industry, as well as tools for results tracking, full employee and customer record management, trend analytics, improved efficiency, business intelligence, mobile applications and more.
The Bizwiz front-end developer is responsible for the design and build of interactive experiences for web and mobile, with enhancement to the current software user experience and new applications in mind. Working closely and collaboratively with product managers, designers and developers in an iterative design and development process to define user issues and implement solutions.
The ideal candidate must be a highly motivated self starter with a positive attitude and a portfolio showcasing polished, seamlessly functioning interactive designs, who can work quickly independently or in collaboration with a team.
- Experience in the design and development of web-based software and mobile applications
- Perform hands-on development and coding of application components, UI controls, APIs
- Create and maintain reusable JS/CSS libraries and components for use throughout our products based on interaction models and UI details that promote ease of use and optimize the user experience
- Engage with end-users, conducting user research and intelligently integrating findings into your work
- Think through workflow to deliver an intuitive user experience
- Dive right into a big project and manage it from start to finish
- Thrive in a variable and demanding Agile rapid development environment
- Present concepts in various stages of completion to individuals and large groups
- Design, conduct and document usability testing
- Understand and accept that technical, business, and design constraints factor into every product decision
- Strong technical and analytical skill set with a keen eye for design and a practical understanding of interactive user experience, usability research principles
- High level of proficiency in design tools such as Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator
- Proven experience with rapid, iterative low and high-fidelity prototyping
- Experience with responsive design
- Passion for identifying industry best practices for user experience and ensuring their implementation throughout the product
- Advanced oral and written communication, organization and project management skills
- Obsessively thorough with an eye for detail
- Strong problem solving and decision-making ability
- Ability to work in an open, fast-paced, high-intensity environment
- Ability to work under pressure or extra hours to get the job done
Eligible candidate with a minimum of 3 years of experience in the field must send their resume, cover letter and portfolio of work to email@example.com
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description. The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. KBH Business Management Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee and client success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.